Westmoreland West Association of Realtors Serving the needs of our members since 1957



How do I place my license in escrow?

In order to escrow your license, you must submit this form to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission, and enclose your real estate license.  There is no fee to escrow your license.


How do I reactivate my escrowed license?

Use this form to reactivate your license.  The cost is $116.00.

A licensed broker or salesperson who wishes to activate a license that has been placed on inactive status shall be required to document 14 hours of continuing education. Per Section 35.382(b) of the Regulations, continuing education that is used to reactivate a license cannot be used to renew the license during the same renewal period.  An additional 14 hours of continuing education will need to be completed prior to renewal.

Per Section 501(b) of the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, “Any person who remains inactive for a period of five years without renewing his license shall, prior to having a license reissued to him, submit to and pass the examination pertinent to the license for which the person is reapplying.”

If your license is currently inactive or expired, you have five years from the date of inactivity or expiration to reactivate your license without taking the licensing examinations.  Your completed application for reactivation must be received in our office before your five year deadline.  A completed application includes the reactivation fee, criminal background check, conviction documents (if applicable), and continuing education certificates.  Applications will not be considered complete if they are faxed or e-mailed, as a fee cannot be submitted in this manner.


Where can I find my NRDS number, and what does that stand for?

Your NRDS numer is assigned to your by the National Association of Realtors, and it stands for National Realtor Database System.  To find this number, you can look it up on the NAR website, or your nine digit NRDS number can be found on the front of NAR's REALTOR Magazine. If you would like a REALTOR membership card, it can be ordered from this webpage, on the Home page.  You can contact the board office anytime if you can't locate it.


What happens to my membership if I change my company affiliation?

Your Realtor membership stays with you as long as you are a member in good standing.  If you switch Brokers, or move, it's very easy to change your NRDS information.  No matter what changes are made, even if you move to a different state, your NRDS number follows you.  Contact the board office so that the updated information can be added to the records.  Don't forget that the NRDS records now are synced up with ZipForms, so it's important to keep your information always up-to-date.